Ten customers discovered some interesting and tempting new cuts and enjoyed Craig's hospitality at at our Butchery Workshop recently.
NEW! Gift Cards for Christmas Gifts - $25. To book a workshop:
If you've ever wondered where certain cuts of Lamb are cut from on a carcass then you are sure to find our Butchery workshops informative. I will disseminate a Lamb carcass and describe what to do and how to cook each of the different cuts.
The Workshops take place at the shop from 6.30 pm (Please arrive on time)and will run for approximately 1 1/2 hours finishing at 8 pm. Included in the night will be platters of cheese, cold meats, fruit, wine and soft drinks. A maximum of 10 positions available for each workshop and positions will be taken on a first in best dressed basis.
Please email your Full name/s, phone contact and any suggestions are welcome. e.g. You may want to suggest or be shown how to bone a particular cut.
If I have time on the night I will show you how to maintain and sharpen your good kitchen knives.
All you need to bring on the night is just yourself and your curiosity!
Why do a workshop?
- Learn all about the cuts that are taken from Lamb
- Increase your knowledge about nose to tail eating.
- Take some simple tips and ideas away so you can show your friends and family.
- We explain which cuts go with which style of cooking e.g. Lamb Shoulder used for slow cooking.
- Get a chance to ask questions about your favourite cut of meat.
- Bring along a friend so you can learn together about the carcass breakdown.
- Give yourself the confidence to cook with specific cuts, take the guess work out of cooking.
- Source some new ideas for home cooking, get the family to appreciate the efforts involved in food preparation.
- Bring the children along to help them understand where our food comes from.
- Why not organize your social group to attend our next Butchery Workshop, great way to network with friends or work colleagues.
- You could organize a work social to network with your staff.
- Opportunity to learn about cutting knives and how to maintain them.
- Learn about the ageing process in meat-how does it improve the eating quality.
- We will explain the important characteristics to look for when buying meat from a butcher or supermarket.
- Meet new acquaintances who like you are passionate about good food and cooking.
Hope to see you there!