courtesy of Lorainne Smith
- 1 kilogram Pork and Veal mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tspn curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tblspn chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- optional 1 tblspn fruit chutney
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbspn vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tspn instant coffee
- 1 oz butter
- 2 tblspn lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan, bring slowly to boil, reduce heat, simmer for 5 mins.
- Combine meat, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, curry powder, salt & pepper, parsley and beaten egg, combine mixture until mixed well.
- Gradually add milk and water, continue beating until mixture is very smooth.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf and place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake in a Moderate oven for 30 mins, remove from oven. Remove surplus fat if any, carefully pour sauce over meatloaf, return to oven.
- Bake for a further 45 mins, basting frequently with sauce.
- Serve hot with vegetables or cold.