Preparation time: 15 minutes
2 x 150g pork loin steaks
1 baby cos lettuce, leaves washed and separated
ground black pepper
juice from 1 lemon
2 teaspoons honey
2 eggs, soft poached or soft-boiled
1 avocado, quartered
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons, pesto or salsa verde
2 slices sourdough
1 teaspoon honey
250 g natural yoghurt
Zest and juice from 1 orange
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Arrange the cos lettuce between two serving bowls.
- Season the Pork with black pepper.
- Saute the pork in a medium pan with a little olive oil until golden and cooked through, pour over the lemon juice add the honey, cook
- For a further 15 seconds until caramelised. Then set aside.
- Arrange pork over the salad leaves followed by the egg, avocado, tomato and shaved Parmesan.
- Toast the sourdough and spread with the pesto. Arrange the toast to the side of the salad and serve with 2 -3 tablespoon of the yoghurt dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Pork. For more great pork recipes and nutrition tips visit www.pork.com.au