Preparation time: 25mins
- 1 lamb shoulder, bone intact 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley,roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup couscous 3 fresh dates seeded,finely chopped
- 1/3 cup boiling water olive oil for basting
- 2 Tblsp finely chopped preserved lemon sea-salt flakes
- 2 Tblsp toasted pine nuts freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 120oC.Trim excess fat from lamb and using a small sharp knife, form a pocket over the bone or ASK CRAIG TO POCKET IT FOR YOU.
- Put couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Whisk with a fork, cover and stand for 5minutes. Fluff up couscous with a fork to separate grains.
- Stir in preserved lemon, pinenuts, parsley and dates.
- Fill pocket in lamb with couscous mixture and tie with string to close.
- Put lamb in a baking dish. Rub oil over lamb and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 3-4hours or until meat is very tender.