Check out our "Cheeky" new recipe courtesy of Jennifer from Queenscliff
- 1.6 kg beef cheeks trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion chopped coarsely
- 1 medium carrot chopped coarsely
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 x 425 g can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large fennel bulb cut into thin slices
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 tblspns fresh oregano leaves
- 400 g spring onions, trimmed and halved
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 30g butter
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C, 140 fan forced
- Heat half oil in large flameproof casserole dish; cook beef in batches until brown all over.
- Heat remaining oil in same dish, cook brown onion and carrot, stirring until onion softens. Return beef to dish with wine, vinegar, undrained tomatoes, sugar, fennel, rosemary, peppercorns and oregano; bring to boil. Cover, cook in oven for 2 hours.
- Stir in spring onion and mushrooms, cook uncovered, in oven about 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
Cheesy Polenta Method (serve with beef)
Combine water and milk in large saucepan, bring to boil. Gradually add polenta to liquid stirring constantly. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring about 10 minutes or until polenta thickens. Stir in cheese and butter.
This recipe is suitable to make in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.
Recipe Courtesy of Jennifer from Queenscliff (you know who you are!)