Spaghetti Bolognaise Sauce
- 500g Finely minced beef
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 240g Tomato paste
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/4Tsp Ground nutmeg (heaped)
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Caraway (heaped)
- 1 Tsp Salt (heaped)
- 4 - 5 fresh Bay Leaves (or 3 dried)
- 1 slice Lemon
- 1 Cup Water OR 1/2 Cup Water and 1/2 Cup Red Wine.
- In a pressure cooker mix together all ingredients except the lemon slice and the bay leaves.
- When mixed press the bay leaves into the mixture and push the lemon slice just below the surface near the middle of the cooker.
- Bring cooker to pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Leave to cool in the cooker.
- Take care to remove all of the lemon slice before storing. Leaving the lemon in will cause a bitter taste.
- Tastes best if left overnight in the refrigerator before using so the flavours can develop.
- When reheating the required amount can be reheated in a frying pan. Add a small amount of water to achieve the required consistency.
- Can be frozen in serving quantities if desired. It is not necessary to defrost before reheating - just melt in the pan and add water to the consistency required