Cooked in Pressure Cooker
- 1kg Craig's round steak cut into 1.5-2cm cubes
- 4 or 5 lamb* kidneys cored and diced
- 1 onion diced
- Few mushrooms, if desired, thickly sliced
- 1 tblsp flour
- 1 tblsp dripping (or oil)
- ½ cup water
- 1 large Carrot thickly sliced
- Salt (about 1 tsp) and pepper
- Heat pressure cooker.
- Melt dripping, brown onion then remove from cooker
- Brown meat and kidney in batches
- Return onions, meat and kidneys to the cooker
- Add sliced carrots and mushrooms if using
- Sprinkle with flour and seasoning and add ½ cup water.
- Bring up to pressure and Pressure cook 30 minutes; cool cooker.
- Thicken juices with cornflour as preferred to form a rich gravy.
- For a stronger kidney flavour replace the lamb kidney with 250g beef kidney.
- Serve as is with creamy mashed potatoes and green peas or use with your favourite pastry for a delicious pie.
Leftovers can be frozen. When required thaw before gently reheating.