"Delicious! With a fresh rabbit from Craig's Butchery." Quote from Salt & Pepper Jenny Meaney.
- 1 Rabbit cut into 8 pieces 2 Tblspns veg. Oil
- 2 1/2 Tblspns butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tspn dijon mustard
- 2 tblspns whole grain mustard
- 1 tspn cornflour in tblspn cold water
- 2 tblspns chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Pat rabbit pieces dry, season with salt and pepper.
- Brown rabbit in heated oil in skillet(heavy base), about 6 minutes.
- Pour off oil from skillet.
- Melt 1 tblspn butter over moderate low heat, add shallots & cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to boil & reduce volume by half.
- Return rabbit to pan, along with stock, simmer, covered, until cooked, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove rabbit, reduce sauce to about 2 cups. Whisk about 1/4 cup sauce & mustards in a small bowl, then whisk into skillet.
- Stir dissolved cornstarch into sauce, whisk until thickened.
- Add remaining butter, parsley & season to taste.
- Return rabbit to pan to heat through before serving.
Recipe courtesy "The Gourmet Cookbook" ed. Ruth Reichl 2004.