Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 veal schnitzels
- 2 tbsp plain flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- juice of one small lemon
- ½ cup beef stock
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- 400 g baby green beans, trimmed
- ⅓ cup black olivessliced sweet red pimento
- shredded rind of one small lemon
- Dust the veal schnitzels in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat a large frypan, add a little oil and heat until moderately-hot. Pan-fry the veal for a few minutes on each side until cooked - turning veal once only. Set veal aside on serving plate to rest.
- Add the lemon juice to the frypan, cook stirring for 30 seconds, then add the stock and cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the mixture has reduced by half and has thickened slightly (about 2 minutes). Pour over the veal to serve.
- While the lemon sauce is reducing, quickly cook the beans and then toss with the olives, pimento and lemon rind. Serve alongside veal.
Buy pimento in jars from your supermarket. Its sweet, slightly bitter flavour goes well with the beans and olives.
Alternatively, use char-grilled or fresh capsicum in its place, simply cook the capsicum with the beans.